Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Phone Call


I was maintaining my cool throughout yesterday and today waiting for "the phone call" from Lisa, my transplant coordinator.  As this day progressed, I found the anticipation building.  What will Lisa report?  Now, Maybe, or No.  It can't be an easy phone call for her to make to the countless people who are struggling to breathe.  In my group alone, there were at least 7 of us dragging our oxygen tanks behind us.  I was just starting to accept the call would not come, then Ring-Ring at 5 pm.  This is it!  What will she say?  What will I say?  I startled myself too quickly and lost my breath.  So much for maintaining calm.  It was my mother, checking in on me.  Huffing and puffing, I realized I needed to quiet down and ponder the value of patience.






2 comments: