Friday, February 15, 2013

2:30 pm holding/recovery room Cardiac Cath unit

Nurse Tom just helped Colleen out of bed for the first time since the cath and he's walking her around, checking to make sure the incision has closed properly (an artery and a vein were exposed). Not wanting to use the bedpan, Colleen has been "holding it." Oh, they just got back. She used the bathroom. And Nurse Tom just gave her the go-ahead to leave.

I am so ready to go home, home as in Family House. I'll wheel Col down to the lobby, walk back to Family House to get the car, and then drive back to Presby to pick up the "patient."


2 comments:

  1. I hope you two can get some rest before the trek home.Thank you so much for the great updates. Hope you have an uneventful drive tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you can snuggle in, worry-free tonight! Safe drive tomorrow. I hope it is sunny and dry. See you tomorrow, sisters!

    ReplyDelete