Friday, February 22, 2013

A Conditional YES

As we suspected, I have been deferred for a lung transplant.  This essentially means that there are some conditions that need to be dealt with before the Selection Committee gives a firm "Yes." Those details will be made clear to me on Monday when Lisa, the coordinator, and my Doctor at Johns Hopkins call. Until then...



"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."

2 comments:

  1. This is a great quote and a perfect way to approach the immediate future's uncertainty. I love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Isn't it remarkable that because they do this job every day..the co-ordinators could be kind of calous about their promise of getting back to people who are waiting to find out the fate of their very existence? "Whoops my bad, I forgot to let her know if she is getting a lung...I'll call her Monday...have a great weekend...don't forget to breathe"!

    ReplyDelete