Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Ducks Break Ranks


After a few glitches, I thought we were all lined up for our adventure.  So, off for a manicure and pedicure to be presentable for the week.  The hair's been cut and colored.  Remember, "Attitude."  Leslie and I return, relaxed and refreshed to:



Katherine, it turns out, had given me the wrong directions for the O2 form Leslie had just faxed at Staples. And Caitlin didn't mail the packet that needed to be here prior to leaving for Pittsburgh on Sunday. The agenda for next week's multiple appointments is not quite lined up. Leslie goes back to Staples with changes to re-fax and runs into fax problems.  Katherine's sorry. Leslie runs to get her kids from school for haircuts.  So much for R & R.

I am reminded of a lesson that continues to crop up in my life.  We can make all the plans, expecting things to turn out according to our wishes.  But as Robert Burns says to a mouse, "The best-laid schemes of mice and men oft go astray and leave us naught but grief and pain for promised joy."  We have to accept that life often has a "mind of it own."

Update:  Leslie was back at Staples at 8:50 this morning to re-fax.  It doesn't work again. I call Katherine.  AGAIN.  She gives me another number.  Why didn't she do that yesterday????  See what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment