Saturday, February 23, 2013

Posting A Comment

It has lifted my spirits learning that so many people are following the blog.  It is some story, isn't it?  Autoimmune diseases are clever. Symptoms can change.  They can come and go, but the "dragon" remains elusive to researchers and doctors.  That's not to say that great progress has not made to find the causes and the best treatments for various types of autoimmune disease, including mine.  For me, the disease is old now and the treatments are more for the newly diagnosed.  The internet wasn't in widespread use when I was first diagnosed.  Scary, huh?  The drugs are a drag, but they are delaying the progress of the disease as there is no cure (yet!)  I also firmly believe that nutrition and our environment impacts the course of a disease.  What I am saying is that ,,the right food, exercise, and clean environment affect us even if we are healthy.  I was never perfect in these endeavors, enjoying my cookies and wine, but I remain a work-in-progress and have beaten the odds so far.  
I was happy to have visitors today who took my mind off of  the next step on this journey.  We talked about the blog and what a great venue it is.  It keeps everyone informed, and it's also an outlet for me to share with my friends, family, and others living with scleroderma.  My sister, Mignon has been a great contributor and so many people have commented on how much they've enjoyed her writing.  It has come up, however, that some people are having trouble making comments.  If you have been successful, could you take a moment to post to "comments" how you do it. It might help others. 

Here's what tips I have gotten. 
  • If you have an iPad or iPhone, it won't let you comment.  One friend said he thought you might have to download Adobe.  
  • When you go to make a comment, choose Anonymous or your Gmail account.  If you use your Gmail, make sure you are signed in.
Even Blogs are not without their glitches.





3 comments:

  1. Hey Col,
    Yes, the blog has been great!
    As you know, I am not tech savvy at all. I am posting this comment from my laptop. Just typing in the comment box. Then I will select profile NAme/URL. I will put in my name but not a URL and it seems to work...Looking forward to Monday's update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next attempt to comment on the blog - thanks for the tips.

    Happy and sad that the wait continues, but certainly "deferred" is a hell of a lot better than "no." I hope Monday's news is positive/encouraging. My loving thoughts remain with you.

    And, sister, you got it right when you wrote, "we look forward to just sitting outside or in our little pools."

    love and encouragment,
    Betsy


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Col- Love reading your blog. Praying for a call from Pittsburgh! Call me if you need rides. Best to call on my cell. 703-9720

    ReplyDelete