Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2100 hours room 603 family house pittsburgh...



                     Presby Entrance


I just said to Colleen that I was only going to write a few words and I hope I can stick to that because, like Colleen, every cell in my body is imploring me to get prone...This morning at 8:15 we stepped onto the shuttle to Presby (UPMC Presbyterian Hospital's nickname) where we got Colleen set up with a black wheel chair (not as cool as Colleen's red one) and heavy-duty oxygen tank for the day...first order of business, an echocardiogram, which Colleen said was one of the easy ones...next a 3-hour lung transplant orientation (Colleen and I asked the most questions)...then a pulmonary function test, which also didn't hurt...and finally, at 5 pm, we met with John McDyer, MD...there's not exactly a lung transplant honcho here, but he comes closest and is the Johns Hopkins contact who agreed to see Colleen earlier than otherwise would have happened...


2 comments:

  1. Hang tough...keep the 'TUDE...love ya, Susan & Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the hump!!!!! Before you know it those Mountains will be behind you and it will be smooth sailing all the way back to Jersey! Make sure and treat yourselves to plenty of choc. 2moro...you both earned it!

    ReplyDelete