Friday, May 24, 2013

Where Am I?

After the hoopla yesterday with my days in rehab, I settled in for more days and agreed to move to a new room for the benefit of another patient. I got up, showered and had a nice am visit with Camille. I knew the fluid was building again but I was trying to keep the anxiety at bay. Toni (excellent PT) came to get me for my 1 and 1/2 hours. As soon as I started my walk, within 5 steps...WHAM. Not long after, the EMT'S deliver me to the emergency room. My first question...Where am I? You can imagine how I was phrasing the question in my head. After a couple of repeats, I got it...Inspira

Coincidentally, Pat was on her way for a visit. So, reassuring to nice her face peeking around the curtain. Of course, we're befuddled about the strange name and agreed we could let our imaginations run wild. Then, a nurse informed us, "It stands for inspiration". How chic, right here in the boonies.

So, hopefully, this is for overbite then back to rehab. And, the digs here are quite nice and everyone has been lovely. What an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment