Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TUESDAY 7 PM . 10 VILLAGE DRIVE
Drove through the woods to see Colleen again this afternoon, our mother Suzanne riding with me again too. Colleen's doing well, the occupational therapists and physical therapists are cutting no corners, for which she is grateful, but Col's is definitely counting the days until she can go home. We were told today that Medicare will pronounce on Thursday how many acute rehab days Colleen will be allowed.

Today marks four weeks being here on the East coast.  Until someone corrected me yesterday, I'd thought it had only been three. I fly out of Philadelphia early evening tomorrow. I should land in Los Angeles around midnight California time. I'm leaving in the nick of time because the unbearable heaviness of Jersey humidity has arrived, getting a jumpstart on summer, I presume. It lay thick in the air today. But right now, I feel it easing up some. The trees are so green. Colleen's oak, just budding when I arrived in late April, is fully leaved now. Must remember to fill the bird feeder and fountain before I leave.


3 comments:

  1. Safe travels Migon. Love- Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mignon,
    Although we've never met, I feel as if I know you. Thank you so much for sharing your magnificent commentary with us. I hope you have a safe, calm, uneventful return to LA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Au revoir Mignon . Thanks for keeping us posted and for your care of Colleen . Susan

    ReplyDelete