Monday, May 27, 2013

Reflections from a Hospital Bed

As the days passed in my hospital bed, I was able to see the light from the Baltimore skies show sunrises and sunsets in this old print you'd find in any hospital or doctor's office. This ain't no Picasso but it's a theme I treasure....two chairs. I have two others at home. One is two beach chairs, the other, adirondack chairs on a mountain lake by Sharon Reustle. I spent quite some time sitting in one rocker and visiting with various people, catching up, enjoying the outdoors. (Where else would I be with the state I was in?) Of course, with some I shared wine, others tea and my memory brought back sitting on Bunny Carnie's porch sipping on hot chocolate watching a lightening storm. That was New Castle, Pa and I was in the fifth grade. pondering..enjoying being outside. My dearest chum since second grade and I enjoyed a glass of wine, well, maybe two and giggled about our early days of mayhem. I was rock in' in that rocker for a damn week! Each person who visited me lifted my spirits. So, since I haven't figured out how to get out of the body to go to Paris, this journey with 2 rockers in a cheap poster was the next best thing. It renewed me to get myself home. On my deck, it's 2 rattan chairs under a big ole' oak. Looking forward ...

1 comment:

  1. Hola Col
    I believe I actually heard your voice as I read your entry. Great to hear from you. Enjoy the chairs and the day.

    ReplyDelete