Saturday, May 4, 2013

By The Fingernails

I haven't been able to keep up with my daily routines and pleasures these last several days. Fatigue, shortness of breath, and mouth sores just wiped me out. I couldn't make some of my doctor's appointments, and you know how much I enjoy those. My hairdresser, Lianne was kind enough to come and cut my hair.  My sister, Mignon has remained so patient with me. Mignon has helped me organize and get help with my day to day needs. She's researched the info, advocated with Doctors and tucked me in at night. It will be very difficult when she goes back to Santa Monica. My other sisters and friends have offered to check in on me which will help me rest easy. Mignon created a very efficient chart and everyone gets their own color. All the teachers would appreciate her efficiency.  I also have a home health care pro, Mickie who I've come to depend on, coming in the mornings. As they say it takes a village.

This about sums up where I am....

I might add here that as Mignon meets my friends, doctors and nurses, she's commented on their kindness and positive spirits.

Right now I have a sense of gratitude for all of this and that today, I'm feeling better.  I exercised a bit, read, got on my blog, oh, yeah, and I get to pay the bills.  Say thanks to your body for all it does for you.  Take it for a walk even if it's only down a hallway.


  


1 comment:

  1. Col,
    So glad to hear that Saturday was a good one for you. Hope Cinco do Mayo is too!

    Praying that the electricians can get your circuits straightened out.
    FN!!!!

    ReplyDelete