Sunday, April 21, 2013

Setbacks

You know those times when you feel like you sound like a broken record?  I'd been putting off a blog post hoping there would be some news to tell.  There isn't.  I need a BREAK, I'll take anything.  The heart procedure hasn't been determined yet because of the INR level which deals with the thickness of the blood isn't stable yet. Thus, the Pittsburgh date doesn't seem promising.  I'm feeling more fatigued and breathless and wonder if it's all in my head.  I'm thirsty constantly and my appetite remains just about at zero.  Who would have ever thought I would pass up a good chocolate chip cookie?  I'm not managing day to day tasks very well and need to rely on more help.  This is a broken record.  Then, I see the resolve and resilience of other patients, the Bostonians and so many others and I am like "Whimpy the Kid."


Despite these gloomy days, I am determined to get the hair cut and colored.  I can't go to any hospital with this look and I've given up the hair drying ritual.  Who has the time or energy?  So, do I go short or do I go long and try to tie it back?  It's crazy, I know, it's crazy!

Mignon is coming to town for a couple of weeks.  Maybe her energy will move things along and the setbacks will become fewer.  Three steps forward, only one step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment