Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Patience

Waiting to hear medical news can be quite a challenge.  I read other bloggers like myself who express how nerve-racking it is to wait for decisions.  Once again, my case was to have been presented to the UMPC Lung Transplant Selection Committee today.  Tomorrow, I call my coordinator Lisa in Pittsburgh to find out the verdict.  I've been trying not to speculate on the outcome.  However, the brain just takes off.  What if it's yes, then what?  Or no?  Or maybe?  I also await a phone call from Hopkins Doc regarding the next plan for the heart.  Do I go back to Johns Hopkins much sooner than I'd like?  Rather than yielding to the "monkey mind," I've been trying to focus on practicing patience.  On patience, the cliches abound..."Rome wasn't built in a day."  Or,



There is something to be said for cliches, they do offer wisdom.  Here's another good one.


You can go on-line and find hundreds of quotes and poems.  It's obviously part of the human condition.  I know that but that doesn't always provide consolation.   Breathe in "Calm," Breathe out "Patience"



2 comments:

  1. Hang in the Col.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's why it's a virtue tee hee. I'll practice and call when we get home :)

    ReplyDelete