Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm All A-Flutter 
(from Colleen, dictated close to midnight EST)

It seems as though my heart's flutter is fluttering more often that it used to. No, I didn't meet a debonair doctor.  Rather, it's a consequence of the increasing strain on my heart from the persistent difficulty of its trying to pump blood to my lungs. A procedure known as ablation, in the majority of cases, can correct an a-flutter like mine. An electrical cardiologist here at Johns Hopkins will perform this procedure for me sometime in the next few days. Normally, this is outpatient. Naturally, I have to complicate matters because, I was told, general anesthesia is required in my case. 

It was a day of decision-making as there were other options to consider. I consulted with "my cabinet," contemplated, and decided to move forward. The odds are good that the flutter will be eliminated, which will help give my heart some relief. So the decision was made by  Executive Order, needing no congressional approval. Thank God. After this, let's hope my next heart-flutter is caused by Doctor Debonair.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Colleen. We are sending you boat loads of prayers from Ocean City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your heart get that relief soon. Thinking of you. Suze

    ReplyDelete