Monday, March 18, 2013

Helping Hands

I hope your spirits were lifted when you heard the sound of the pipes.  I settled for TV viewing.  It's not the  same but it was still great and it spurred me on to listen to my great Irish CDs, courtesy of Larry.  I missed a good cold Irish Beer and a sing-a-long.   My days have been unbelievably busy.  All of a sudden it's 2 0'clock and I haven't accomplished much.  Tasks take a long time.  Nellie and I are adjusting to one another.    I look like a mad scientist, gloves, swaps, water, .....but she doesn't wake me up anymore at night.  My stuffed up nose from high flow oxygen does.

I woke fatigued and more breathless so the monkey mind gets going. You think you're the only one going through this or that.  Then, for some uncanny reason, you connect with someone who is there to give you a "helping hand".  Thanks to the internet, more of us can find each other.  Ilene from Florida and Scott from right here in Atlantic County spent hours on the phone giving me advice and letting me know some of the logistics of  transplant.  Once again, it made me realize that I'm not in this alone and there are so many good people out there offering a helping hand.



Today, I will do the best that I can.

1 comment: