Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ode To The Hairdresser

Throughout time and around the world, women fuss over their hair. We cut it, we color it and adorn it with beads, ribbons, shells or whatever we think will enhance our beauty. We do it to look good, to feel good and attract someone special. Thus, the importance of the hairdresser. It's hard to find one and it's hard to give one up. Thankfully, I'm not one of those who needs to direct every snip. Except when I lost all my hair during chemo treatments, it grows pretty fast. So, I don't worry too much over a mishap and I'm always open to change. Often times the hairdresser plays the role of the therapist, listening to our woes about lovers, jobs, children, our self-image. It's hard to give one up when he/she is someone you depend on to make you feel good in these many ways. No doubt you've surmised that I have to change hairdressers. The trip out to Mays Landing takes the wind out of my sails. Leanne, my all time favorite "artist," is a tough one to let go of as she does it all creatively, with a listening ear and positive attitude. Thanks, Leanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment