Saturday, July 27, 2013

Moi? Short Tempered?

The feeding tube has been out for a few weeks, no hospital visits for lasix IV and generally I feel better.  I still need help but I want to be independent.  "I can do it myself.  I just said that.  I know what I'm doing.  Give me some credit."  I can think of others statements I've blurted out.








Once known for my patience, I slowly began to realize I was being short with some of my family and friends.  I had a sister, gently confirm, that "yes indeedy, you have been snippy."


Once again, get back to the breath, in and out.  Somedays, it's so hard when you can't keep up.  Whether its conversation, going to the beach, visiting others, my frustration gets the best of me.  So, on the one hand, as I get a little stronger, I'm expecting everyone to just know that.  I see it now.
Next time, I'll try to pause first, take a breath and try not to be too bitchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment