Friday, July 5, 2013

4th Of July

What a great day for celebration.  I got behind the wheel of my car and took a bit of a ride around my neighborhood.  Wahoo!  A little shaky, next time I'll catch my breath longer before I take off for an adventure.  It felt good.  I'm not crazy enough (yet) to do this on my own.  Tina was with me.  She has her permit so she did a bit of driving herself.

To top off the celebration, Leslie drove me to Susan's for our annual gathering with good friends.  Another first, going out to someone's house.  Hot dog, potato salad, beans, and my first bit of wine since December.
PARTY.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I figure I'll worry about my sodium intake today.  Yesterday was a good day to celebrate independence!

3 comments:

  1. It was so great to celebrate a TRUE "Independence" day with you. Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Colleen! Looking forward to seeing you on the 13th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Colleen!!!! Happy 4th cousin........Lov Sheila

    ReplyDelete