Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Best Ice Cream This Side Of The Delaware

The Royale Crown opened in 1953 and has been serving homemade I cream and other delights for 60 years. It's owned and operated by the Graziano Family, which George joined when he married the lovely Reggie. If you haven't had a chance to enjoy this Hammonton landmark, the trip is well worth it.

I first met George when EHTHS opened in 1983. The Social Studies Department had some stellar teachers including George. Many of us have retired but George continues to read hundreds of essays and remains a master of his craft. He also serves the best blueberry ice cream through July then peach in August. We shared quite a lot as colleagues...good conversations, celebrations, and disappointments. I don't see George much now but that doesn't change friendship. I wanted to see George so off we went, Beth, Pat, 2 Oxygen tanks and me. You don't know what lies ahead so best you let your friends know how glad you are that they were/are still in your life. An adventure to another town..Wahoo! It was great. Of course, I fell right to sleep as soon as we got home. A good day!







1 comment:

  1. Colleen, it was so good to see you the other day. Let's get together again soon. Next time, I will come to you!

    ReplyDelete