Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunrise on the Beach

We rolled out of our beds about 5:15 am. Tina was being a good sport to head out toward Ocean City to take me to see the sunrise at 6:00 am. It was just one of those things on my list.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
- Marcus Aurelius

And, how true that quote is. Even at that early hour, bikers and runners own the boardwalk. Lovers are wrapped together waiting for the sky to start to turn pink. Six or seven kids pull up with their smart phones to share the delight. A couple of men were searching for treasure with their metal detectors. And, Tina and I are taking our pictures. Wonder of wonders.

We watch the splendor of a new day. Such a peaceful moment, full of what lies ahead for the day. Unfortunately, what was ahead of me for the day, took me to my bed for most of the day.
Still learning to balance what I can and cannot do. "Goonies never say die."





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rec'd this beautiful quote from a dear friend that I wanted to share with all.
      Col,
      Loved your posting of the sun rise-beautiful pics. Here's a Hopi saying from the book on Yoga you gave me: "Take the breath of the new dawn and make it part of you. It will give you strength."

      Delete