Friday, August 2, 2013

Discover South Jersey

After being home bound for so many months, these low humidity days let us take advantage of whatever gets us on the road, whether by car, wheelchair or both. With 2 O2 tanks filled, we set off often with a friend or two. I stopped in to TJ Maxx, my first shopping excursion since Dec. I brought a dress and a couple of tops.
Not a good idea. Thank goodness I waited two days before trying them on. My body shape has completely changed and I fear I will forever look 4 or 5 months pregnant. My new attire continues to be yoga pants but now for a different reason. Another day we walked to the new bridge to Ocean City and Tina met the challenge of pushing this pregnant looking woman up the incline. It was beautiful.

Thursday, another perfect day, we went to the Cape May Zoo.

Get there as soon as it opens and go in the opposite direction of the hordes of kids in summer camps. With no one around,we made our first stop, to say good morning to a cockatoo. I have witnesses that will testify that he said, "How ya doin'? How ya doin? I'm Cesear, I'm Cesear". What a way to start the day.

What a great place to stroll and enjoy watching the animals. Our major objective was the baby white leopards and they were a delight; playful, spunky, and damn cute.

Today, we went to Cameron Park on Rt. 9 in Upper Township. An easy walk around a lake, a great place to stroll, read, reflect. The water was still today, pink lilies were blooming. No bugs.

I must admit that after each one of these outings, nap time is calling me. I get so tired and I'm the one in the wheelchair. But, I'm treasuring these little adventures.



1 comment:

  1. Treasure on, Sis. And snow leopards just for you and Tina.

    ReplyDelete