Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Is That Your Final Decision?


What a question that we all face at some point in our lives.  Marriage, Mortgage, Surgery...it's tough.  Some of us just know their answer.  I, on the other hand, have to take time to think it over and over.  Actually, that's not true.  I would say no without second thought to sky diving and a big yes to a million dollars.  I, digress.  Today, I sent my withdraw letter to the transplant committee.  The experience of going through this process is unforgettable.  I'm struck by the number of people that reached out to share their experiences and give me advice.  Thanks to cyberspace, I learned a great deal.  I feel a sense of relief now, the decision is made.  None of us know what the future brings.  We want to plan it, control it and have it come out our way.  Well, we know that's an illusion.  So, acceptance and good effort sounds like a better way to go.

I'm not sure if I should keep my blog going at this point.  (decision making) It wouldn't be the drama of the last couple of months, at least I'm hoping not.  On the other hand, I've enjoyed trying to put a humorous spin on what otherwise is totally depressing. It's helped me deal and I've been encouraged by those that read it.

4 comments:

  1. I vote for keep it going! Let me know if any hummingbirds visit your feeder :). Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also encourage you to keep going, Col, just as much as I encouraged you to start. Who says only certain things belong? Everything belongs. Laughter. Tears. Tears. Laughter. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!! It's inspirational Col. Love - Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you keep the blog going. Your outlook on everything is so moving and motivational. And, your sense of humor is priceless.
    Love and FN

    ReplyDelete