Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting the Air to Breathe


Organizing your oxygen for travel can be a bloody nightmare.  Especially as your needs get stronger and the portable equipment doesn’t quite do the job.  The more you need, the more complicated it gets.  What to do?  What to do?  Don’t get anxious like I used to; hang in there and start your inquiries a couple of weeks before departure time.  I’m spending the day today on the phone trying to secure delivery of a large liquid tank to “Family House" in Pittsburgh.  That will serve as the “Mothership,” which I will use to fill the smaller portable tanks to get to and fro while in Steeler Country.  Meanwhile, I’m charging up the batteries of my “Black Beauty," a portable oxygen concentrator which will serve as a car back-up.  Wait.  This gets better.  I also ordered 4 small air tanks as a back-up to the back-up.  In addition, I will have 3 portable liquid tanks for the trip which will be the mainstay for the car ride.  It’s quite confusing when you try to explain this ordeal, but it will work.  Now if I was going on a river cruise on the Thames, I wouldn’t have these problems.  The O2 would be waiting for me on board.  Can I go there instead?



1 comment:

  1. The river cruise will be next! Sending you al the best prayers and good vibes.

    ReplyDelete