Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another Phase

The past year has taken the winds out of my sails.  I've had setbacks before in dealing with my 20+ years of chronic illness. I would reach a plateau, adjust, move on.  Unfortunately, in the last few years, the limitations are increasing quicker than before. I've known for months that my last option is a double lung transplant.  In 2002, the University of Pennsylvania thought I was not a viable candidate because of my scleroderma.  Ten years later, I'm heading out to the University of Pittsburgh for another evaluation.  Road Trip!

On February 10, my sister Mignon and I will load up the ole Camry and head west on the dreaded PA turnpike. It's not the dreaded 405 in LA, but trucks and weather could make it a close second.  We'll be staying in "Family House" for the week.

This is one of those houses.  Nice, huh?  The morning of our arrival, we call for our house assignment.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get my

I hope to use this blog to keep my wonderful and supportive family and friends up to date on my adventures.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Col. Love the ducks in a row! Your picture is perfect, too. Good luck!Love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Colleen,
    Thank you so much for sharing your "adventures" with scleroderma. You are an inspiration to all of us! We look forward to reading your blog because it will be written with honesty and a sense of humor. Never forget how much Mel and I love you and how grateful we are to have you as our friend. Miracles do happen!
    Love, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Col. Thanks for sharing ... all your loved ones are rooting for you :) Love Kir

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am impressed with the tech savvy...like everyone, wishing you well. Love ya, Suze

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love You! Positive vibrations.
    Namaste'
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete